1 About these terms
These terms apply to your download, access and/or use of Yinola content, whether on your mobile device, on our website www.yinola.com (the "Website") or any other website, device or platform (each a "Game" and together the "Games", or “App and together the “Apps”). These terms also apply to any other services that we may provide in relation to the Games or the Website, such as customer support, social media and community channels (we refer to all our Games and other services collectively as the "Services" in these terms. These terms are a legal agreement and contain important information about your rights and obligations in relation to our Services.
If you do not agree to these terms or any future updated version of them then you must not access and/or use, and must cease all access and/or use of, any of our Services. If we require that any future update to these terms requires any action from you in order to accept the updated terms, then you may not be able to continue to use the Services until you have taken such action.
The terms of this agreement ("Terms of Service") govern the relationship between you and Yinola Mobile Apps Ltd, a Nigerian company with registered office address at 205E, City Hall, Catholic Mission Street, Lagos, Nigeria. In these terms references to "Yinola", "we", "us" and "our" are references to either Yinola Mobile Apps Ltd.
You agree that you are at least 13 years old and that if you are between 13 years and 18 years old, your legal guardian has reviewed and agreed to these terms and is happy for you to access and/or use our Services.
Grant of a Limited License to Use the Service
Subject to your agreement and continuing compliance with these Terms of Service and any other relevant Yinola policies, Yinola grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable and limited license to access and use the Service for your own non-commercial entertainment purposes. You agree not to use the Service for any other purpose.
The following restrictions apply to the use of the Service:
- You shall not create an Account or access the Service if you are under the age of 13; You shall restrict use by minors, and you will deny access to children under the age of 13. You accept full responsibility for any unauthorized use of the Service by minors. You are responsible for any use of your credit card or other payment instrument (e.g. paypal) by minors.
- You shall not (or attempt to) purchase, sell, rent or give away your Account, create an Account using a false identity or information, or on behalf of someone other than yourself; You shall not use the Service if you have previously been removed by Yinola, or previously been banned from playing any Yinola game.
- You shall use your Account only for non-commercial purposes; You shall not use the Service to advertise, or solicit, or transmit any commercial advertisements, including chain letters, junk or spam e-mail or repetitive or misleading messages to anyone.
About accessing and using our Services
The specific game rules, scoring rules, controls and guidelines for each Game can be found within the Game itself. Such rules, scoring rules, controls and guidelines form part of these terms and you agree that you shall comply with them in respect of each individual Game which you choose to access and/or play.
You are responsible for the internet connection and/or mobile charges that you may incur for accessing and/or using our Services. You should ask your mobile operator or internet service provider if you are unsure what these charges will be, before you access and/or use our Services.
There may be times when our Services or any part of them are not available for technical or maintenance related reasons, whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis.
When using our Services you may choose to, and in some instances you will be required to, create an account with us. If you do create an account with us, you agree that you shall take all steps necessary to protect your log in details and keep them secret.
You agree that you shall not give your log in details to anyone else or allow anyone else to use your log in details or account.
In these terms, references to “log in details" or “account" include your log in details and account for any social network or platform that you may allow our Services to interact with.
We will be entitled to assume that anyone logging into your account using your log in details is either you or someone logging in with your permission. If you fail to keep your login details secret, or if you share your login details or account with someone else (whether intentionally or unintentionally), you accept full responsibility for the consequences of this (including any unauthorized purchases) and agree to fully compensate us for any losses or harm that may result.
We will not be responsible to you for any loss that you suffer as a result of an unauthorized person accessing your account and/or using our Services and we accept no responsibility for any losses or harm resulting from its unauthorized use, whether fraudulently or otherwise.
We reserve the right to delete your account if no activity is conducted by you in relation to the account for 180 or more days. In such event, you may no longer be able to access and/or use any Virtual Money and/or Virtual Goods (as defined below) associated with that account and no refund will be offered to you in relation to the same.
You understand that if you delete your account, or if we delete your account in accordance with these terms, you may lose access to any data previously associated with your account (including, without limitation, your progress through our Games and/or the level or score you have reached in our Games and any Virtual Money or Virtual Goods associated with your account).
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN ANY ACCOUNT THAT YOU CREATE USING ANY OF OUR SERVICES. WE MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR DELETE ANY OF THESE ACCOUNTS AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU.
Your account is personal to you and you are not entitled to transfer your account to any other person.
Virtual Goods and Virtual Money
Our Games may include virtual currencies such as gold bars and gems (“Virtual Money") or items or services for use with our Games (“Virtual Goods"). You agree that once purchased Virtual Money and Virtual Goods have no monetary value and can never be exchanged for real money, real goods or real services from us or anyone else. You agree that Virtual Money and/or Virtual Goods are not transferrable to anyone else and you will not transfer or attempt to transfer any Virtual Money and/or Virtual Goods to anyone else.
You do not own Virtual Goods and/or Virtual Money but instead you purchase a limited personal revocable license to use them - any balance of Virtual Goods and/or Virtual Money does not reflect any stored value.
You agree that all sales by us to you of Virtual Money and/or Virtual Goods are final and that we will not refund any transaction once it has been made. If you live in the European Union you have certain rights to withdraw from distance purchases; however, please note that when you purchase a license to use Virtual Goods or Virtual Money from us, you acknowledge and agree that we will begin the provision of the Virtual Goods or Virtual Money to you promptly once your purchase is complete and therefore your right of withdrawal is lost at this point. For the purposes of this paragraph 4.3, a "purchase" is complete at the time our servers validate your purchase and the applicable Virtual Goods and/or Virtual Money are successfully credited to your account on our servers.
If you do not connect your game play on a device to an account that is linked to either your social network account or a Yinola account, we will not be able to restore any Virtual Money or other data associated with your Game play to a different device if you lose that device or it is damaged. Accordingly, on a device which is not connected in this way:
- any risk of loss of Virtual Money which you purchase from us is transferred to you upon completion of the purchase as described above;
- any risk of loss of Virtual Money that you receive from us without making a purchase is transferred to you at the time the Virtual Money is successfully credited to your account on our servers; and
- any risk of loss of other data associated with your Game play (including, without limitation, your progress through the Game, or the level or score you have reached in our Games) is transferred to you immediately at the time such Game play data is generated.
The data associated with Virtual Goods, whether purchased by you using Virtual Money or otherwise credited or awarded to you, is stored locally on your device and so is not synced between different devices even if you have connected your game play on a device to an account that is linked to either your social network account or Yinola account. Accordingly, any risk of loss of this data is transferred to you (i) in the case of Virtual Goods which you purchase from us, upon completion of the purchase as described in paragraph 4.3 above; and/or (ii) in other cases, at the time the Virtual Goods are credited or awarded to you.
If you live in the European Union, we will provide you with a VAT invoice where we are required to do so by law or where requested by you. You agree that these invoices may be electronic in format.
We reserve the right to control, regulate, change or remove any Virtual Money or Virtual Goods without any liability to you.
We may revise the pricing for Virtual Goods and Virtual Money offered through the Services at any time. We may limit the total amount of Virtual Goods or Virtual Money that may be purchased at any one time, and/or limit the total amount of Virtual Money or Virtual Goods that may be held in your account in the aggregate. You are only allowed to obtain Virtual Money and Virtual Goods from us or our authorized partners through the Services, and not in any other way.
Depending on your platform, any Virtual Goods or Virtual Money purchased is purchased from your platform provider and such purchase will be subject to its terms of service and user agreement. Usage rights for each purchase may differ from item to item. If you are unsure about usage rights you should check with your platform before making a purchase. Unless otherwise shown, content available in any in-game store has the same age rating as the game.
if we suspend or terminate your account in accordance with these terms you may lose any Virtual Money and Virtual Goods that you may have and we will not compensate you for this loss or make any refund to you.
The charge for any individual item you can purchase via our Website shall be as stated on our Website at the time you place the order, except in the case of obvious error. The charge is inclusive of all sales taxes and other charges. Depending on which bank you use, additional charges may be issued by your bank; we have no control over this and accept no liability in relation to the same. If you are unsure whether you will be subject to such additional charges then you should check with your bank before making a purchase via our Website. We accept payment via our payment processing partners by credit card, debit card, carrier billing and Paypal only. Our payment processing partners may have their own terms and conditions and you should ensure you are in agreement with these prior to making any payment. If your transaction with our payment processing partners is not successful then your purchase will not be fulfilled. Upon the completion of a successful payment transaction then your purchase will be fulfilled to you as soon as possible - we will endeavor to fulfill your order immediately at the point of purchase.
User conduct and content
You must comply with the laws that apply to you in the location that you access our Services from. If any laws applicable to you restrict or prohibit you from using our Services, you must comply with those legal restrictions or, if applicable, stop accessing and/or using our Services.
You promise that all the information you provide to us on accessing and/or using our Services is and shall remain true, accurate and complete at all times.
Information, data, software, sound, photographs, graphics, video, tags, or other materials may be sent, uploaded, communicated, transmitted or otherwise made available via our Services by you or another user (“Content"). You understand and agree that all Content that you may be sent when using our Services, whether publicly posted or privately sent, is the sole responsibility of the person that sent the Content. This means that you, not us, are entirely responsible for all Content that you may upload, communicate, transmit or otherwise make available via our Services.
You agree not to upload, communicate, transmit or otherwise make available any Content:
- that is or could reasonably be viewed as unlawful, harmful, harassing, defamatory, libelous, obscene or otherwise objectionable;
- that is or could reasonably be viewed as invasive of another's privacy;
- that is likely to, or could reasonably be viewed as likely to incite violence or racial or ethnic hatred;
- which you do not have a right to make available lawfully (such as inside information, information which belongs to someone else or confidential information);
- which infringes any intellectual property right or other proprietary right of others;
- which consists of any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, 'junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes' or any other form of solicitation; or
- which contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
You agree that you will not:
- use our Services to harm anyone or to cause offence to or harass any person;
- create more than one account per platform to access our Services;
- use another person or entity’s email address in order to sign up to use our Services;
- use our Services for fraudulent or abusive purposes (including, without limitation, by using our Services to impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person, entity or our Services);
- disguise, anonymize or hide your IP address or the source of any Content that you may upload;
- use our Services for any commercial or business purpose or for the benefit of any third party or to send unsolicited communications;
- remove or amend any proprietary notices or other ownership information from our Games or any other part of our Services;
- interfere with or disrupt our Services or servers or networks that provide our Services;
- attempt to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or hack any of our Services, or to defeat or overcome any of our encryption technologies or security measures or data transmitted, processed or stored by us;
- 'harvest', 'scrape' or collect any information about or regarding other people that use our Services, including, but not limited to any personal data or information (including by uploading anything that collects information including but not limited to 'pixel tags' cookies, graphics interchange formats ('gifs') or similar items that are sometimes also referred to as 'spyware' or 'pcms' (passive collection mechanisms);
- sell, transfer or try to sell or transfer an account with us or any part of an account, Virtual Money and/or Virtual Goods;
- disrupt the normal flow of a Game or otherwise act in a manner that is likely to negatively affect other players' ability to compete fairly when playing our Games or engaging in real time exchanges;
- disobey any requirements or regulations of any network connected to our Services;
- use our Services in violation of any applicable law or regulation;
- use our Services to cheat or design or assist in cheating (for example, by using automated means or third party software to play), or to otherwise circumvent technological measures designed to control access to, or elements of, our Services, or to do anything else that a reasonable person is likely to believe is not within the spirit of fair play or these terms; or
- use our Services in any other way not permitted by these terms.
If you are concerned that someone else is not complying with any part of these terms, please contact us here: email@example.com.
We do not control Content posted on our Services by other people and therefore we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of that Content. You understand that when using our Services, you may be exposed to Content that you may consider offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any losses or harm of any kind resulting from the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via our Services.
We have the right to remove uploaded Content from our Services if we decide in our sole discretion that it results in or from a breach of any part of these terms, or that it may bring us or our Services into disrepute. However, you acknowledge that we do not actively monitor Content that is contributed by people that use our Services and we make no undertaking to do so.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other users of our Services.
Playing our Games with other users
Some of our Games allow you to play against an opponent or to play socially with other users. You may be able to:
- Choose to play against another user or to play socially with another user whom Yinola selects for you, or
- play against, or play socially with, one of your contacts on a platform or social network which you have allowed our Games to interact with.
Some of our Games may also allow you to search for your friends (for example, by email in In order to find them to play against or play socially with. We may also display the display names of your past opponents so that you can easily find them to play again.
- Where Yinola selects another user for you, we may either select at random or use such criteria as we see fit to select your opponent (for example, your past scores, your country, or the level you have reached in the Game or your other gameplay activity).
- By accessing and/or playing our Games you agree that your display name, scores, avatar, country location, online/offline status and other related details may be displayed to other users. You also understand and agree that other users may find you by searching for you with your email address. Please note that we will only show your display name publically, and not your email address; another user must already know your email address themselves in order to search for you.
Your breach of these terms
Without limiting any other remedies or any other paragraph of these terms, if we reasonably believe that you are in material breach of these terms (including by repeated minor breaches), we reserve the right to take any of the following actions, whether individually or in combination, and either with or without notice to you:
- delete, suspend and/or modify your account or parts of your account;
- otherwise suspend and/or terminate your access to our Services;
- modify and/or remove any Virtual Money or Virtual Goods that may be associated with your account;
- reset and/or modify any game progression or benefits and privileges associated with your account, such as any level or score you have reached in our Games.
You agree to compensate us, according to law, for all losses, harm, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of these terms by you.
Availability of the Services
Subject to the next sentence, we do not guarantee that any of our Services will be available or error-free at all times or at any given time. We will provide our Services in accordance with any legally required standards. In particular, in relation only to any Virtual Money and/or Virtual Goods or any other part of our Services which have been paid-for with real money, we warrant that they will substantially comply with the description provided by it at the point of purchase and be of satisfactory quality (in addition any related services provided through them will be provided with reasonable care and skill). We may change and update our Services in whole or in part without notice to you (provided always that any such changes do not result in material degradation in the functionality of any part of the Services which has been paid-for with real money). We make no warranty or representation regarding the availability of the Services which are provided free of charge (i.e. not paid-for with real money) and we reserve the right to modify or discontinue them in our sole discretion without notice to you, including for example, for economic reasons due to a limited number of users continuing to make use of them over time, for technical reasons (such as technical difficulties experienced by us or on the internet) or to allow us to improve user experience. We are not liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by events outside our reasonable control. If such circumstances result in material degradation in the functionality of the Services then any obligation you may have to make any payment to download, use or access them will be suspended for the duration of such period. We are entitled to modify or discontinue the Services or any part of them which are paid-for with real money in our sole discretion upon reasonable notice to you.
Limitation of Liability
WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM POSSESSION, USE, OR MALFUNCTION OF THE GAMES OR ANY OF OUR OTHER SERVICES, INCLUDING DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION AND, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURIES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THESE DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR LIABILITY EXCEED THE ACTUAL PRICE PAID BY YOU (IF ANY) FOR THE LICENSE TO USE VIRTUAL GOODS OR VIRTUAL MONEY OR ANY OTHER PART OF OUR GAMES OR SERVICES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS AND/OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND/OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
You acknowledge that all copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights in and relating to our Services (other than Content which is contributed and owned by players) is owned by or licensed to us.
Whilst you are in compliance with these terms, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, personal, revocable limited license to access and/or use our Services (but not any related object and source code) for your own personal private use, in each case provided that such use is in accordance with these terms. You agree not to use our Services for anything else. These terms also apply to any update or patches which we may release or make available for any of the Services and any such update or patch shall be deemed part of the Services for the purposes of these terms.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, OTHER THAN LICENSE GRANTED TO YOU BY THESE TERMS, YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR PROPERTY INTEREST IN ANY OF OUR SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ONLINE ACCOUNTS, ANY VIRTUAL MONEY OR VIRTUAL GOODS. You must not copy, distribute, make available to the public or create any derivative work from our Services or any part of our Services unless we have first agreed to this in writing.
In particular, you must not make use or available any cheats or technological measures designed to control access to, or elements of, our Services, including providing access to any Virtual Money and/or Virtual Goods, whether on a free of charge basis or otherwise.
By submitting Content via our Services you:
- are representing that you are fully entitled to do so;
- grant us and our group companies the right to edit, adapt, publish and use your entry and any derivative works we may create from it, in any and all media (whether it exists now or in the future), for any purpose, in perpetuity, without any payment to you;
- acknowledge that you may have what are known as “moral rights" in the Content, for example the right to be named as the creator of your entry and the right not to have work subjected to derogatory treatment. You agree to waive any such moral rights you may have in the Content; and
- agree that we have no obligation to monitor or protect your rights in any Content that you may submit to us, but you do give us the right to enforce your rights in that Content if we want to, including but not limited to taking legal action (at our cost) on your behalf.
You must not copy, distribute, make available to the public or create any derivative work from any Content belonging to any other user of our Services. If you believe that your intellectual property rights have been infringed by someone else over the internet, you may contact us by emailing the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a description of the intellectual property rights and an explanation as to how they have been infringed;
- a description of where the infringing material is located;
- your address, phone number and email address;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that (i) you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use of material in which you own intellectual property rights is not authorized, and (ii) the information that you are providing is accurate, correct, and that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; and
- a physical or electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that has allegedly been infringed.
Limitation of Liability; Sole and Exclusive Remedy; Indemnification
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YINOLA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF REVENUES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (HOWEVER SUCH LOSSES ARE QUALIFIED), ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR THE SERVICE ITSELF, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT YINOLA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, YINOLA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR MORE THAN THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO YINOLA IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE TERMS OF SERVICE IN THE SIX (6) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE ON WHICH YOU FIRST ASSERT A CLAIM. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID ANYTHING TO YINOLA DURING SUCH TIME PERIOD, YOUR SOLE REMEDY (AND YINOLA'S EXCLUSIVE LIABILITY) FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH YINOLA IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICE AND TO CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT.
NOTHING IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE SHALL AFFECT THE STATUTORY RIGHTS OF ANY CONSUMER OR EXCLUDE OR RESTRICT ANY LIABILITY RESULTING FROM GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT OF YINOLA OR FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY ARISING FROM ANY NEGLIGENCE OR FRAUD OF YINOLA.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Yinola (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) harmless from any claim, demand, damages or other losses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, asserted by any third-party resulting from or arising out of your use of the Service, or any breach by you of these Terms of Service, however the foregoing does not apply if the infringement of rights is not attributable to your intentional or negligent behavior.
Dispute Resolution and Law
Yinola may publish additional policies related to specific services such as forums, contests or loyalty programs. Your right to use such services is subject to those specific policies and these Terms of Service.
onsent, and any unauthorized assignment and delegation by you is ineffective.
Except as expressly and specifically set forth in this these Terms of Service, no representations, statements, consents, waivers, or other acts or omissions by Yinola shall be deemed a modification of these Terms of Service nor legally binding, unless documented in physical writing, hand signed by You and a duly appointed officer of Yinola.
You acknowledge that the rights granted and obligations made under these Terms of Service to Yinola are of a unique and irreplaceable nature, the loss of which shall irreparably harm Yinola and which cannot be replaced by monetary damages alone so that Yinola shall be entitled to injunctive or other equitable relief (without the obligations of posting any bond or surety or proof of damages) in the event of any breach or anticipatory breach by you.
You irrevocably waive all rights to seek injunctive or other equitable relief, or to enjoin or restrain the operation of the Service or any Yinola game, exploitation of any advertising or other materials issued in connection therewith, or exploitation of the Service or any content or other material used or displayed through the Service and agree to limit your claims to claims for monetary damages.
Yinola shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside the reasonable control of Yinola, including without limitation any failure to perform hereunder due to unforeseen circumstances or cause beyond Yinola's control such as acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargoes, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes, or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
Welcome to Yinola. Your privacy is important to us
The data controller for all personally identifiable information or personal data that we collect about you through or in relation to our Games or other Services is Yinola Mobile App Ltd. Yinola Mobile App Ltd is registered in Nigeria
Any personal information that we may collect may also be subject to the policy of any social network that you may agree to link our Services to. If you access our Games and you allow them to interact with a social network you are giving us permission to use your email address and any other personal information which that social network shares with us that will allow us to personally identify you. You are also granting us permission to help your contacts on that network find you so that you can play socially. This is intended to make our Games more enjoyable for you and others that play our Games on that social network. If you do not agree to these practices you should not allow our Games to interact with your social network.
This policy describes how we and our other group companies (referred to collectively in this policy as 'Yinola' or 'we', us' and 'our') collect, use, process and share information that Yinola collects about you. Our business is constantly evolving and so this document may change from time to time. Please come back to this page every now and then to make sure you are familiar with the latest version. Any new policy will be effective from the date it is published by us.
This policy applies to all of our games, whether played on our website www.yinola.com, on mobile devices, PC or on other platforms such as Facebook. It also applies to our advertising activities on all platforms as described below and other services that we may provide to you from time to time. In this policy we refer to our games, websites, advertising activities and other services collectively as our "Services". Certain of our websites, such as our Investor Relations website, may have different privacy policies in relation to any information collected through those sites. The privacy policies applicable to those sites will be available on those sites.
For information collected under this policy, the data controller is Yinola Ltd. Yinola Ltd is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Other companies within the Yinola group may also collect or have access to and use information about you for the purposes described in this policy.
As set out in the terms and conditions relating to our Services, you must be at least 13 years old to access and/or use our Services. We do not knowingly collect personal data about children under the age of 13.
What types of information do we collect?
We collect information from a number of different sources, but most of it comes directly from you when you play our games, or interact with our websites, advertising or other Services. Broadly the information we collect about you relates to the type of device you are using, how you play our games (such as levels attempted and purchases made), other games or apps you use on your device and may include information that you submit when creating an account with us or which you allow us to access when you connect to your social network accounts through our games or Services. We may also collect information from advertising platforms and partners and other third parties such as information about purchases and interests.
In more detail, depending on which of our Services you interact with we may collect and process the following types of information:
- details about how you use and interact with our games, advertising and other Services (for example, information about how and when you play our games or visit our website(s), what device you use to access our games and services or details regarding profile visits,
- information that you provide us with when you fill in forms, answer questions or complete surveys when using any of our Services, when you create an account with us or if you invite your friends to use our games and Services;
- if you contact us, for instance through our Yinola service support channels, or respond to messages and communications that we send to you, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- your interactions with us on our social media channels;
- information we collect via cookies and other similar technologies, as explained further below;
- information we collect from you when you connect our games or Services to third party platforms or social network services or use other social or player-to-player functionality; and
In some instances, when you make purchases on or through our website(s), we may collect certain payment information from you on behalf of our payment service providers, but this information is temporarily cached in a way that is unreadable by Yinola. We will never collect or retain credit card information. Our payment service providers will provide us with information about your purchases so that we know if a purchase has been successful. When you purchase items via our mobile apps (such as those you can purchase in the App Store, on Windows store or on Google Play) we do not collect or store any payment information from you.
Finally, we may collect some of the information types referred to above on an aggregated or anonymized basis, or we may use it or share it in an aggregated or anonymized way, for research or analysis into the way our Services operate and are used.
When you play our games, we will give you a unique identifier which we will associate with a Yinola account known as a "Yinola Profile". That Yinola Profile will be specific to the Yinola games played on an individual platform or device and will remain anonymous unless you choose to add your personal information to that Yinola Profile. Others players in a game may be able to see your progress in the game and other information such as your game achievements, but no personally identifying information will be visible to other players. You can choose to add your personal information to your Yinola Profile so that you can log in on multiple devices and synchronize your progress in our games across multiple devices on multiple platforms, and also so that you can play with your friends.
Your Yinola Profile and the information it contains, such as your game achievements, will be visible to other users of our services. If you choose to add personal information to your Yinola Profile it will be visible to your friends and other players anywhere in the world.
If you choose to view another individual's profile, that individual and other users of our Services will know that you have visited them because some of your Social Data and a link to your Yinola Profile will be displayed on that individual's Yinola Profile. They will also be able to visit your Yinola Profile. You will also be able to see which other players have viewed your Yinola Profile.
Connecting with third party social networks
In the future we may also allow you to associate your Yinola Profile with other social network accounts and use your log in details for that account to log into your Yinola Profile. Where we do this, either we or your social network service provider will let you know what information we will receive about you from that social network.
If you choose to play our games online on the desktop version of Facebook.com, your basic Facebook account information will automatically be associated with your Yinola account. You can control how your Facebook information is used and shared with your Facebook friends in your Facebook account settings.
You can make changes to what data a third party social network or platform shares with us, or stop our Services interacting with that social network or platform by adjusting your settings with that third party provider, however you may find you are not able to enjoy all of the same features of our Services.
How do we use the information that we have about you?
We, our suppliers and group companies may use the information we collect about you for a number of purposes. These include providing our games and other services to you, optimizing the games and services we provide, enabling in-app purchases, storing your progress through our games, enabling social network integration, providing customer service support when you need it. We also use your information in connection with our advertising purposes. For more information, see below. We may also use your information for research or analysis. Finally, there may also be other reasons why we need to use your information, such as maintaining records or protecting our legal rights. A more detailed description of how we use your information is set out below.
Marketing and promotion
We may use your information to send you direct marketing and promotional materials relating to our Services or related products, for example sending you communications (including by email) for these purposes on our, or a third party's behalf. For example, we might send you information about merchandise relating to our Services. If you do not want us to use your information in this way please let us know by contacting us at email@example.com.
We use your information, including data that you provide directly to us in communications, to provide you with support through our customer service channels when you need it. We may also use it to contact you, for example as part of customer service or to send you updates about our games and services. Finally, we will use your data to manage your account and relationship with us and improving your experience when you use our Services.
Analytics and Research
Social and Community
We have a number of social and community channels which we use to communicate with our players. If you choose to interact with those channels, we will receive your information and use it in connection with those channels, including to engage with you, and we may also republish your posts to those channels.
From time to time we may run competitions, including in games and via our community channels. Those competitions will have their own specific terms and conditions, but we will use personal information that you provide in relation to that competition for the purposes of running the competition.We may also publish the names and entries of competition entrants.
Cheating, crime and fraud prevention
We may use personal data that we hold to prevent cheating, crime or fraud. We may also need to pass your information to fraud prevention agencies and other organizations involved in crime and fraud prevention, such as the police.
We may use your data as required or permitted by any applicable law. As a specific example, if you live in the European Union, this would include for the purpose of providing VAT invoices where we are required to do so by law or where requested by you.
What adverts you may see as a result of playing our games or using our Services
We may promote our own games and services in a number of ways. That might include cross promoting one of our games while you are playing a different game of ours. It might also include advertising our games within websites and other media published by others, or sending you marketing materials by email.
Like many companies, we may use information about you in connection with advertising. This includes using information that we have about you, such as the games you play, to try to make sure you only see advertising that might be of interest to you. For example, if we know you play Anointed, we might suggest that you continue to use other applications by showing you an ad for Poze. We may also use the information that we have about you to help a third party deliver advertisements that are tailored to you based on a determination of your characteristics or interests by us based on the information that we have about you.
As well as advertisements for our own goods and services, we may also facilitate third parties to optimize their advertising of their own goods and services by helping them to target those ads to those that might be most interested in them. These advertisements may be shown within our games or within websites and other media which are published by others and optimized by us or using our information. This is done using anonymized information and we won't hand over or sell any of your personal information to third party advertisers.
We will also use information about your particular device in order to show you adverts which work properly on that device, or to measure the effectiveness of our ad campaigns and we may also retain information about how many times you have seen a particular advertisement so we can stop you from seeing it too many times.
When we advertise our games in games or media published by other companies, we may use various third party advertising partners, including ad exchanges, ad networks and ad servers.
Our advertising partners help us to serve advertisements to you. Some of this technology also helps us to make decisions as to whether or not to show a particular advert to you - for example, by informing us that you have shown an interest in similar goods or services previously.
Although we and our advertising partners use ad identifiers, cookies and similar technologies to enable us and third parties to provide more relevant advertising to you, these technologies also:
- allow us to recognize you and your device;
- allow our Services to interact with a third party social network or platform (where you have chosen to allow such interaction);
- allow our payment processors to process your payment instructions; and
- enable us and third parties to provide you with more customized services, for example to provide our services in the correct language.
As a result, if you choose to adjust your preferences in order to prevent these technologies, you may find that you cannot enjoy the full use of our services.
Please note that adjusting your preferences as described in this section does not mean you will no longer receive adverts, it only means the adverts you do see will be less relevant to your interests.
Alternatively, if you do not wish us to collect data as described in this section, you should stop using our services.
Who else can see your information?
We will share your information:
- as reasonably necessary in order to provide the Services to you (for example, by providing your personal information to suppliers we may use to fulfil the Services or to communicate with you);
- where it is necessary to carry out your instructions (for example, to process a payment instruction we must provide your personal information to our payment processors);
- where your data is on an anonymous and aggregated basis, meaning you could not be personally identified from it;
- when you submit information as part of a competition or otherwise interact with our social media channels (for example, by providing a testimonial about one of our Services) we may publish the information you submitted, alongside your name and home country on our website(s) and social media channels;
- as we reasonably believe is permitted by law or regulation or as is necessary to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and/or any other agreement with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Yinola, our users, or others;
Our games and our websites include social features that enable you to interact with other players. These features will enable other players to see your username, your avatar and your progress through our games and other game play related information such as high scores. Depending on your settings in your social network or Yinola account, other information in your profile may be shared with other players. Also, other players will be able to see anything that you post to any public page, forum or other similarly open feature in our games, websites, community channels or other Services.
We may share your information with our service providers if necessary to enable them to provide services to us.
Your rights in relation to your information
You have certain rights in connection with your personal information and how we handle it. Details of those rights and how to exercise them are contained in this section.
You have certain rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you. Those rights include:
- Right of access. You have a right to know what information we hold about you and in some cases to have the information communicated to you. If you wish to exercise this right please contact us letting us know that you wish to exercise your right of access and what information in particular you would like to receive. We reserve the right to ask for reasonable evidence to verify your identity before we provide you with any information, and the law permits us to charge a fee for exercising this right of access. Please note that we may not be able to provide all the information you ask for, for instance if the information includes personal information about another person. Where we are not able to provide you with information that you have asked for, we will endeavor to tell you why. We will try to respond to any request for a right of access as soon as possible, but we will always do so within 40 days of receipt of your request, evidence of ID and any applicable fee.
- Right to correct personal information. We try to keep the information that we hold about you accurate and up to date. Should you realize that any of the information that we hold about you is incorrect, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will correct it as soon as we can.
- Data deletion. In some circumstances you have a right to have some of the personal information that we hold about you deleted. Should you wish to have any information about you deleted, please contact us using the information below. Please note that to ensure that we do not collect any further information you should also delete our games from your mobile devices and clear our cookies from any device where you have played our games in a web browser. Where we delete personal information about you, we may still retain some or all of that information for other purposes such as maintaining financial records, protecting or enforcing legal rights, maintaining marketing suppression lists or for technical reasons such as maintaining technical security or our database integrity. We may also retain your information in an anonymanonymized
- Account deactivation. If you have created an account with us, you can ask us to deactivate that account by contacting us using the information below. We may ask you for other information before we are able to deactivate your account. That information might include information about your mobile device. Other steps you should take should you wish to completely deactivate your account include disassociating your Facebook account from our mobile games and deleting our games from your mobile devices. Please note that if you completely deactivate your account all your progress in our games and any unspent virtual items, such as Gold Bars or Boosters will be lost and we may not be able to restore them in the future.
- Direct marketing opt out. If you have elected to receive direct marketing communications from us, you can change your mind at any time by following the opt out link in any marketing communication that is sent to you. If you have elected to receive more than one type of marketing communications from us, you may need to opt out of all of them individually. It may take a few days for us to update our records before any opt out is effective.
Changes to the policy
Contact Information of Data Controller
Yinola Mobile App Ltd
205E, City Hall, Lagos Island, Lagos, Nigeria
If you have any questions or concerns about our data privacy practices, or if you have any requests for resolving issues with your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.